The Human Resources position manages and guides the company’s overall Human Resources services, policies, compliance, and programs. Additionally, this position will provide oversight to the company’s safety program, continuing to develop a safety culture and achieving the company’s safety objectives. Blauch Brothers offers a competitive salary with a complete benefits package. The position reports to the Company President.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the Human Resource function within the company.
- Maintain all employees work files and medical records.
- Participates in interviews, develops job specific interview questions, and creates/updates Job Descriptions.
- Administers Background and Driver’s License Checks.
- Administers Driver’s License monitoring through DMV.
- Insures new hire process follows company policy.
- Input into the updated development of new hire orientation.
- Oversees employment advertisements.
- Manages I-9 program.
- Oversees Drug Testing Program for New Hire, Random, For Cause and Reasonable Suspicion.
- Employment compliance to regulator concerns regarding employees.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and help resolve work related issues.
The position works with all employees, especially focus working with Service Manager and Field Operations Manager and their staffs. The position also works with Project Managers to insure everything thing runs safely in the project planning and operations.
Education and Training: Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in safety or business, or equivalent amount of experience, training and knowledge of OSHA Standards. Attainment of OSHA 10 certification desirable; OSHA 30 preferred. Prior experience, training and/or knowledge in Human Resource practices. Willingness to attend OSHA and Human Resource training at company expense.
Technical Requirements: Understandings of specialized safety issues, including fall protection, trench hazards and confined space requirements including the hazardous monitoring equipment operation. Ability to work with management in selecting required safety equipment needs.
Experience: Construction field experience, people skills, safety management experience and human resource experience are desirable. The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time in both disciplines.
Hours: 40 per week and ability to work 45 if necessary. Flexibility to arrange working hours based on needs.
Normal work hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with 1 hour for lunch, Monday through Friday.
Must be able to perform basic tasks consistent with an office environment including included but not limited to sitting at a desk for long periods of time, bending, crouching or kneeling access files from ground level to 4.5 feet above ground, pushing/pulling of file drawers, reaching in all directions and working with a computer and/or telephone for prolonged periods of time. The following capabilities are required but not limited to: able to see for purposes of reading instructions, labels, and other printed matter; ability to operate computer hardware and peripheral devices; able to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone. Must be able to perform basic physical tasks normal to the construction industry, including but not limited to kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing ladders, bending, crawling, lifting at least 30 lbs. and be able to work with arms above head level, and be able to work in hot or cold temperatures and in adverse weather and job site conditions.