Purpose and Scope: The Jetter Technician will operate our hot water jetter as well as provide comprehensive plumbing service and repair to residential and commercial customers throughout the greater Shenandoah Valley. The Jetter technician will not only provide outstanding quality service and repair but also serve as a communication link between the customer and the company through such means as identifying potential sales opportunities. Technicians perform a wide variety of activities that require and equally wide range of skills. Jetter Technicians must be able to perform both simple and complex repairs. Additionally, technicians must be able to develop customer rapport through the credible communication of technical knowledge, offering decisive solutions to meet customer needs, demonstrating empathy and concern, and informing customers of job progress and timelines. Technicians are the face of the company to the public.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of Service Technician include but are not limited to:
- Arrive to the office or scheduled job site on time and leaves at the end of the designated work day.
- Perform service calls that require the jetter to be operated.
- Follow company policies as outlined in the employee handbook and through performance and appearance reflect positively on your profession and the company.
- Wear company uniform provided and maintain neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
- Assist in the training of other technicians.
- Complete digital tablet logs, timesheets, and service tickets immediately upon job completion.
- Plan and organize the work site to meet priorities, goals and man hour allocation.
- Provide clear instruction to helpers and ensure that their work is done correctly.
- Perform all work correctly and accurately demonstrating conscientious, superior workmanship according to BBI standards.
- Perform work according to current codes and or job specifications.
- Maintain safety standards and follow safety policies including safe and appropriate use of tools required for the job.
- Properly care for and maintain company owned property, i.e. vehicle is maintained as requested on own time, tools, equipment and materials are properly secured and locked in truck or on job site at the end of each day, etc.
- Implement creative and appropriate solutions to customer problems by involving the others in company as needed.
- Organize small jobs – coordinate with Service Manager regarding materials needed, schedule equipment and man power in advance.
- Participate in training opportunities to gain additional knowledge (formal and informal).
- Assist in identifying potential sales opportunities.
- Communicate appropriately with supervisor regarding job issues, requests for sick or vacation leave or other job related matters.
- Communicate effectively with customers including homeowners, business owners, property managers, etc.
- Attend and participate in required meetings.
- Assist with jobs or tasks within the company as necessary to adjust for work flow changes.
The service technician reports to the Service Supervisor and Manager. Occasionally, the technician will supervise a Helper.
Education and Training – Vocational training in plumbing.
Experience – Field Experience Preferred, Backflow Experience Preferred, Jetter Experience Preferred
Additional Skills or Requirements – Valid Virginia Driver’s License required along with an acceptable driving record as defined by our insurer.
Working Hours- Must be at the jobsite by 7:30AM until 4:00PM
Must be able to perform basic physical tasks normal to the plumbing trade, including but not limited to kneeling for long periods, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing ladders, bending, crawling, lifting at least 50 lbs. and be able to work with arms above head level for sustained periods of time; must be able to work in hot and cold temperatures and in adverse weather and job site conditions.